|Birth Date||September 24,1970|
|Full Name||Malinda Williams|
|Birth Name||Malinda Williams|
|Birth City||New Jersey|
|Father Name||Fred Williams|
|Mother Name||Beverly Williams|
|Spouse||Tariq Walker, Ex. D-Nice, Mekhi Phifer|
|No Of Children||1|
|Sibilings||Leslie Dunn and Lisa Sorensen|
If you have watched, romantic comedy film, 2 Days in New York then, Elizabeth Robinson must not be a new name for you. The American actress Malinda William played the role. Malinda’s other movies credit includes A Thin Line Between Love and Hate (1996), High School High (1996).
The adorable actress Malinda was born on September 24, 1975, in Elizabeth, New Jersey. She is among the three children born to Beverly Williams and her husband, Fred Williams. Malinda has two sisters, Leslie Dunn and Lisa Sorensen. Much about her parents is not known to the media. Williams made her television debut in an episode of The Cosby Show in 1987.
Malinda Williams was born in Elizabeth, New Jersey, on September 24, 1970. She will be 52 years old in 2022 and is of American nationality. Her zodiac sign is Libra. In terms of her family history, she has not revealed any information about her parents.
Malinda Williams is an American film actress and producer. Malinda rose to fame after appearing in films such as ‘High School High,’ ‘The Wood,’ and ‘A Thin Line Between Love and Hate.’ She was also nominated for an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress after playing Tracy Van Adams in Soul Food.
Is Malinda William A Married Woman?
Malinda, who is 52 years old, is a contentedly wed wife. Married to Tariq M. Walker, she is in a union. According to Tariq’s Instagram bio, he is an accomplished journalist and executive in digital media.
Through their shared friends, Malinda and Tariq initially became acquainted. Walker and William got along well after their first meeting, and they soon began dating. Later, in March 2019, Tariq presented Malinda with an engagement ring.
Malinda gladly agreed to his suggestion as well. Their Instagram account was used to announce their engagement. Then, in January 2020, the delightedly engaged couple exchanged vows.
The wedding of Tariq and Malinda was depicted on the cover of Black Bride Magazine. Ines Di Santo’s floor-length V-line embroidered wedding gown is the bride Malinda’s choice for the big day. Tariq, the groom, shatters the scene on the opposite side while donning a black tuxedo from the Miguel Wilson Collection.
Since their wedding, Mr. and Mrs. Walker have been a wonderful married couple, having a strong bond. Together, the pair travels to many exotic locations, and they never miss an opportunity to post adorable photos to social media.
Tariq and Mainda are not only leading happy personal lives, but they are also cooperating and supporting one another in a fulfilling professional life. Additionally, the married couple have not yet had any shared children.
Also Read Susan Anne Povich career
Tariq may be getting married for the first time, but Malinda has already been married twice. She is well-known for her excellent profession as well as her past romantic relationships. An American actor named Mekhi Phifer was Malinda’s first husband.
In 1999, Mekhi and Malinda exchanged vows and walked down the aisle. The media doesn’t know a lot about their wedding. Prior to being married, they had been dating for some time.
Omikaye Phifer, the couple’s kid, was born not long after their nuptials. However, following the birth of their kid, this seemingly happy couple’s relationship deteriorated, and they ultimately got divorced.
Following this heartache, Williams fell in love with Derrick Jones, better known as D-Nice. American beatboxer, rapper, and producer Derrick. In August 2008, they were wed. However, their marriage was short-lived, and it ended in divorce.
In February 2010, Malinda and D-Nick, her second husband, filed for divorce. The cause of this divorce is still up for discussion in the media.
How much is Malinda Earnings and Net Worth?
Malinda Williams is thought to be worth over $3 million. The majority of her net worth was accumulated during the course of her more than three decades-long acting career. A rising American actress with a net worth of $600,000 is Grace Victoria Cox.
Malinda has appeared in almost five hundreds of movies. She got her start in acting in the late 1980s. Williams is most recognized for her role as Bird in the drama series Soul Food on Showtime, a follow-up to the popular 1997 movie of the same name.
Williams’ acting career has garnered her a number of nominations and accolades. For the 2012 American drama film The Undershepherd, she received a prize from the American Black Film Festival.
Career and professional of Malinda Williams
- Malinda began her career as a child artist in 1987, with the television sitcom ‘The Cosby Show.’ Malinda appeared as a guest star in a number of shows, including ‘Miami Vice’ (1989), ‘Roc’ (1993), ‘Sister, Sister’ (1994-1995), and ‘NYPD Blue’ (1996). In 1996, she portrayed Taylor in three episodes of the sitcom series ‘Moesha.’
- She appeared in The WB sitcom Nick Freno: Licensed Teacher from 1997 to 1998. She appeared in the rom-com The Wood in 1999 and the horror film Uninvited Guest the following year.
- Malinda appeared in one of the riskiest roles, ‘Tracy Fledgling’ as Van Adams, in the series ‘Soul Food,’ in 2000. From June 28, 2000 to May 26, 2004, she played the lead in every series that was available. She also received three ‘NAACP Image Award’ nominations for ‘Remarkable Actress in a Drama Series’ (2003-2005) for her performance.
- In 2006, she starred as Kimberly George in the television serial drama ‘Windfall.’ In 2007, she appeared as a supporting cast member as ‘Maya’ in the lighthearted comedy show film ‘Daddy’s Little Girls.’
- Ice Cube co-wrote and starred in the 2008 satire film ‘First Sunday,’ which starred Malinda as Tianna Mitchell. Her next film role was as ‘Boopsy’ in the 2009 melodic crime film ‘A Day in the Life.’
- Williams co-starred as Chris Rock’s sister in the lighthearted comedy film ‘2 Days in New York’ in 2012. In 2013, she began facilitating the Aspire system’s TV syndicated program Exhale.
- She also appeared in two TV One movies, Girlfriends’ Getaway and its sequel Girlfriends’ Getaway 2 in 2014 and 2015, alongside Garcelle Beauvais, Terri J. Vaughn, and Essence Atkins. Williams also had a supporting role in David O. Russell’s parody film Accidental Love in 2015.