Mayim Chaya Bialik, better known by her stage as Mayim Bialik, is an American actress, voice actor, novelist, and neuroscientist. She is best known for her part in the CBS comedy The Big Bang Theory as neurobiologist Amy Farrah Fowler.
|Celebrated Name||Mayim Bialik|
|Nick Name||Mayim Bialik|
|Birth Name||Mayim Hoya Bialik|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Breast Size||38 in|
|Hip Size||30 in|
|Waist Size||39 in|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Place Of Birth||San Diego, California, US|
|Net Worth||$30 Million|
|Foot Size||8.5 US|
|High School||North Hollywood High School|
|University||University of California, Los Angeles|
|Bra Cup Size||36B|
|Shoe Size||8.5 US|
|Source of Wealth||Acting Career|
|Awards||Young Artist Award and more|
Are you Curious to know about Mayim Bialik?
Mayim Bialik has received four Emmy nominations for supporting actress in a comedy series for her work as Fowler. She received two Critics’ Choice Television Awards for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for the same performance.
In the late 1980s, she began working professionally as a child actress. She originally gained notoriety after assuming the title role in the NBC sitcom Blossom and has also contributed her voice to a number of films and television shows. She has a Ph.D. in neuroscience and works as a neurologist in addition to her acting profession.
She has 3.5 million Instagram followers, 2.5 million Facebook followers, and 677k Twitter followers.
What Has Made Mayim Bialik Notable?
- Her part in the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory as Amy Farrah Fowler.
- Her performance in the NBC sitcom Blossom as Blossom Russo.
What is Mayim Bialik’s origin?
On December 12, 1975, Mayim Bialik was born. Mayim Chaya Bialik is her real name. San Diego, California, in the United States, is where she was born. She is a citizen of the United States. Barry Bialik, her father, and Beverly Winkleman, her mother, were her parents. Her four grandparents came to the United States from Poland, Czechoslovakia, and Hungary, respectively.
The Bronx, New York City, was home to her family, who were Jewish immigrants. Miyam was brought up to be a Reform Jew. She now identifies as a modern-day Orthodox Jew and also has referred to herself as a “staunch Zionist” as well. She practices Judaism. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius, and she is of white ethnicity. Isaac Brynjegard-Bialik is her brother.
She attended North Hollywood High School in North Hollywood, California, to speak about her scholastic history. In 1993, she received her high school diploma. The University of California, Los Angeles was her next stop. Although Yale and Harvard accepted her, she opted to enroll at UCLA.
She received a B.S. in neurobiology from UCLA in 2000, along with minors in Hebrew and Jewish Studies. Later, in 2007, she received a neuroscience Ph.D. from UCLA. She had interrupted her studies to pick up acting again.
- In the late 1980s, child actress Mayim Bialik began her acting career.
- In 1987, she appeared in a cameo appearance on television in the series Beauty and the Beast.
- With the comedy-drama Beaches from 1988, she made her acting debut.
- Before getting the lead role of Blossom Russo in the NBC sitcom Blossom in 1990, she later had minor guest appearances or regular appearances in a number of television series.
- From 1990 to 1995, she appeared in every season of the sitcom Blossom.
- She has since played the lead in countless sitcoms and television series.
- In 2010, she was cast as the neurobiologist Amy Farrah Fowler in a guest appearance on the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory.
From season 4 until the show’s,
- conclusion after 12 seasons in 2019, she was a regular cast member playing Sheldon Cooper’s love interest.
- She received six Screen Actors Guild nominations for Outstanding Ensemble in a Comedy Series and four
- Primetime Emmy nominations for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her work in the sitcom. For her performance as Fowler, she was nominated for a number of additional awards.
- She performed as a voice actress in a number of TV shows and comedies, such as The Adventures of Hyperman, Recess, Llyod in Space, and Katbot.
- She has a fairly small number of cinema credits to her resume in compared to her television parts, most notably Pumpkinhead from 1988.
- In the comedy Kalamazoo? from 2006, she played the title character, Maggie Goldman.
- She portrayed Nancy Kurshan in the drama movie The Chicago 8 in 2011.
- The 2020 movie As Sick as They Made Us was written and directed by her.
- She founded Sad Clown Productions in 2019, a production firm in addition to acting.
- Exclusive agreements between the business and Warner Bros. Entertainment were signed.
- In 2020, a comedy series called Call Me Kat was created by Sad Clown Productions, Jim Parsons’ That’s
- Wonderful Productions, BBC Studios, and Miranda Hart. In the comedic series Call Me Kat, Bialik plays the series’ leading lady. In January 2021, the television show debuted.
Books written by Mayim Bialik include:
- Past the Sling (2012)
- Vegan Table by Mayim (2014)
- The 2017 film Girling Up (2018)
Awards and Achievements
- Best Young Actress in a Motion Picture Comedy or Fantasy for Beaches, Mayim Bialik Awards 1988 Young Artist Award.
- The Big Bang Theory in 2012 and 2013 won the 2012 Online Film Critics Society award for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series.
- Critics’ Choice Television Awards in 2016 and 2018 for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series.
- The 2019 Jew in the City Orthodox Jewish All Stars presented the Keter Shem Tov Award.
- 2014 saw the conferral of an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree by Boston University.
According to reports, Mayim Bialik is currently single. Regarding her romantic situation, she had kept it discreet. She has two kids, Miles and Frederick, with her first husband, Michael Stone, with whom she had previously been married. On August 31, 2003, the couple exchanged vows in a ceremony with a Victorian theme that included customs unique to Jewish weddings. 2012 saw the couple’s divorce.
In 2013, she began dating a man. She never revealed her partner to the public or the media. Before divorcing, the pair dated for five years. Here, more information regarding her private life will be updated.
She resides in California’s Los Angeles.
Also Read: Rubi Rose
Mayim Bialik is 5 feet, 4 inches tall, or 1.63 meters, tall. She weighs 137 pounds, or 62 kg, in total. She has a typical body type. 38-30-39 inches are the dimensions of her physique. Her hair is dark brown, and her eyes are light brown. She is heterosexual in sexual preference. Her bra size is 36B, and her dress size is 14 (US). Her size 8.5 shoes (US). In total, she has 14 piercings in her ears.
Net worth and Salary
Mayim Bialik makes money as an actor. She has acted in a number of TV shows and sitcoms, most notably The Big Bang Theory on CBS. According to reports, she received $500,000 for each episode of The Big Bang Theory. She has acted in a number of films in addition to television.
She is also a well-known voice actress who has performed in many films and television programs and also has made multiple television appearances, including one for McDonald’s. Miyam is a published novelist who also co-owns the Los Angeles vegan eatery Bodhi Bowl. Her acting job provides the majority of her income. Currently, her estimated net worth is $25 million.
Did you Know?
- Hebrew for “water,” her name Mayim.
- Her great-great-uncle grandfather’s was the poet Hayim Nahman Bialik.
- Her Bat Mitzvah took place.
- On 2010, she had an expert appearance on the eighth season of the game show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.
- In 2014, she served as the host of Candid Camera’s 38th season, a reality show with hidden cameras.
- In an episode of the fifth season of MasterChef Junior in 2017, she served as a guest judge.
- She appeared as a guest on the “Mayim Bialik vs. Kunal Nayyar/Ashley Tisdale vs. Nick Lachey” Drop the Mic episode.
- In 2020, she served as the host of the television reality series Celebrity Show-Off.
- In 2020, she participated in the celebrity panel for the game show Match Game.
- She does the voices for the video games Borderlands 3 and X2: Wolverine’s Revenge.
- She had an appearance in the “Liberian Girl” music video by Michael Jackson.
- In order to facilitate conversations on current issues among people of various ages and experiences, she
- launched Grok Nation in August 2015. In March 2018, it was redesigned as a website geared toward women.
- She gave the IDF money to purchase armored vests during the 2014 Gaza Conflict.
- The Holistic Moms Network has Bialik as one of its celebrity spokespersons.
She’s a vegan.
- She is a founder member of the Jewish group Shamayim V’Aretz Institute, which promotes the ethical treatment of animals.
- Miyam declared that she was a feminist.
- She is the Jewish poet Hayim Nahman Bialik’s first cousin once removed.
- Miyam enjoys playing the guitar, piano, trumpet, and harp.
- She enjoys cats. She had taken in a wolf, a whale, and a manatee.
- In 2012, she was involved in an automobile accident.